Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nov. 8, 2011

Dear Family,
I can not believe that I get sent to Southern California, and the rest of the family is the one that gets to be in earthquakes. That seems a little nonsensical to me. I am glad that everyone was safe and the saftey clothes worked to perfection. All the missionaries here seem to think that some big earthquake is going to happen here. I assure them though that as long as i am here, and mom's prayers get answered nothing will happen.
I also cannot believe that i will be getting yet another nephew this week, good luck Hannah. And good luck Mom with the babysitting. I suggest that you get very familiar with tangled and how to put it on. Halloween seemed like it was quite the event, glad everyone was able to stay safe amid the apparent whirlwind of excitment.
This past week in temecula was great. We indeed have another baptism, this past saturday. It was Kenyona. It was definitly the highlight of the week. The young women even made an appearance to sing at it, which definitly help invite the spirit. We also have another baptism coming up this upcoming monday. It is for a lady named denise. Again i just came here to crash the party. But it has been amazing to see the change she has gone through in just the three weeks that I have been here. It is always good to know that the Lord is really who is behind everything and the spirit is the real catalyst for change. All our job is to be a vehicle for the spirit and then invite them to act to gain even more spiritual experiences.
Other than that, I can't really think of anything other exciting events. Oh on exchanges this week, we were able to help a guy move. It was a neighbor of a member. The said member neighbor of the movee, was the uncle of some girl i knew from efy and byu. That was a little wierd. Just another connection that i have made, i take it as verification that i really am Grandma's grandson.
Everything here is going well, this week i think was the break through. I am the senior companion, and so that was the major adjustment, but things here are going really well. I have definitly had to grow and stretch a lot, but that is what life is all about. I am thankful for all of these wonderful opportunities on a mission to not only lift others but to lift myself. I have also gained a greater appreciation for all of the prepraration that happened before my mission and for all of those involved in that. I know this gospel is true, and that no matter what sacrifice it entails it is worth it. And lest Leah scoff and roll her eyes at me talking about sacrifice, please know that i have had severly chapped lips for the past couple of days, and have had to wait till today to purchase some much needed chap-stick. Truely the sacrifices of a Carlsbad Missionary are great. But on a more serious note, I am grateful for this gospel, for all those in it, and most especially for the the Savior and his atonement, which is my foundation and source of strength.
Love Bevan
I also leave you with a word of caution. Lest you feel sorry for the missionaries in carrollton and feel it necesarry to give them some halloween candy. I assure you every other member uses the missionaries as there own personal salvation army donation truck for candy and they do not need it. I believe before the holidays are out, all four of us here will be diabetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment