Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10/18/2011

Dear Family,

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well, and by everyone I do mean rangers. The recent sport success around the metroplex is a real testimony builder that sacrifice really does bring forth the blessings of heaven. I hope you get feeling better mom, i will be praying for you. And I really cannot believe that the nativity is starting, I hope that I will be able to participate in one myself here in California.

This week was an excellent one. We were able to meet with Teresa last night, and were able to set a baptismal date with her for November 19th. It was so exciting, and great to see. She still has some word of wisdom issues to resolve so she will need all the prayers she can get. This ward really needs a baptism, and hopefully it will make the ward really excited about sharing the gospel. The only bad part about this whole experience is that I am getting transferred. I do not know where I will be going, I will find out this afternoon at transfer meeting. But by tonight I will be somewhere else than beautiful San Juan. Oh well, it feels good to know that I was able to set at least on baptismal date before I left.

The other exciting news per the missionary work in this area, is that we were able to pick up a new investigator. His name is Herbert Brown, and he is actually our neighbor, he just lives a couple houses down from us. He has had a rough time the past couple of years, as a lot of people have, and has decided that he needs to have a strong faith that he needs to fall back on. He has a pretty solid christian background, but said that he needs to move from the intellectual side to the spiritual side. Or become a christian and not just know christian theology. He is really cool, and seems pretty interested, unfortunately i wont be here to see how things work out. Phil continues to work on his house, and we continue to help him, it was hard to say good bye to him, but he says he is coming up to byu whenever i go back to go to a football game.

This week I have been thinking a lot about our lesson with Herbert. I realized that our charge with him, is the same that president Eyring received from President Hinckley. We need to get the gospel of Jesus Christ into the people's hearts. I have thought a lot about my own life and experiences that have helped get the gospel into my own heart. I realized that it is a slow, and somewhat daunting thing, but because of that it is an act of faith to help someone gain their own testimony of this church and gospel. It may seem hard, tedious, and at times fruitless, but above all it is the most important work we will ever be apart in. This is the work of the salvation of souls. Of course it is not easy, it is a real battle that we are fighting. It was not easy for any of the missionaries before and certainly not easy today but it is the Savior that makes it all possible. But it is true, and it is worth every effort, and trial. I love this gospel, I love the atonement that makes it all possible, and every principle and ordinance that is a part of it. What a privilege to be a part of it, however small. Hope everyone is having a great week. Love you all, and go rangers.

Love, Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment