Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oct. 25, 2011

Dear Family,

This week has definitely been one of the longest in my life. Dad you were right, Temecula is about the exact opposite of San Juan. My ward boundaries got about cut in half. The average age of my ward dropped a good thirty-five years. I went from meeting in one of the oldest buildings in southern California, to meeting in a brand new building. I also do not get to enjoy any ocean views. Basically it is out with the old (San Juan that has been around since 1776) and in with the new (Temecula which I think has only really become something in the past twenty years). It is fun though, especially with the Browns being in the ward. Thanksgiving dinner at their house has already been planned, with a visit from the older Browns. Let this be an example to you dad. Brother Brown is such a dedicated home teacher that he doesn't even let my mission get in the way of visiting me. I feel very watched over.

My new companion is Elder Snow, he is from Idaho Falls. This is his first area, he is only six weeks behind me, so it is fun to serve with someone who still has all of his youthful exuberance. The exciting news is that we have a baptism tonight. My first, although I didn't really do anything. We just knocked on this families door, and he said he wanted to be baptized on Tuesday. We told him okay. He had already been taught everything. His name is Nico, and he is an Indian. I feel like I have never before fulfilled prophesy as fully than, I will tonight. It has been a pleasure to get to know him over this past week. His wife is a convert of a couple of years, and now he is going to follow her. They also have a couple of unbaptized kids that we are hopefully going to start teaching soon as well. The work is really happening here in Temecula, and hopefully over the next couple of months we will be able to capitalize on all of the potential here.

It is exciting to hear about everyone at home, although I still feel perplexed about Hansen's Ipad. The real excitment lies in the success of all the Dallas sports teams. I mean how exiting is it to know that the Stars are 6-1. Oh and I suppose the rangers are doing pretty well too. Mom good luck with everything, especially with your foot. I will be praying. I also do not think that I have grown on my mission. I have just been blessed to serve with short companions. I guess President Cook found out about my height complex, or something.

It has been a crazy week with all of the changes. New companion, new ward, new investigators, new apartment, new routine, new Bishop and Ward mission leader, new district, and zone. But I have been impressed that the one thing that hasn't changed is the discipleship to Jesus Christ. I am continuing to declare the glad tidings of this Gospel to the broken hearted, and penitent. And so while it has been overwhelming at times, it is still worth everything. I love this church and this gospel. I love you all.

Love Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment