Monday, February 6, 2012

Jan. 17, 2012

Dear Family,

This week has been a good one, albeit a very long one. It has been fun to introduce a new missionary to the work, and hope that I will simply allow the Lord to really teach him what it means to be a missionary. My new comp is Elder Wright, from Draper Utah. He doesn't know the Kershinicks though. Bummer i know. But he is a good elder, and I am excited to work with him. I am kind of jealous of him to be completely honest. We have been kept busy with teaching appointments, and a baptism his very first weekend. I just hope he isn't too discouraged when we don't baptize someone this weekend. Also we got to go to the San Diego temple his very first p-day. So all in all, he has had a pretty good first week.

The baptism was for Bryce. It was really good, and the very first time i was able to find, teach and baptize an investigator so it was pretty special for me. Other than that, we are still working with Bubba, who is perhaps the coolest kid ever. He is already talking about going to the temple, asking us about how to stay connected to the church whenever he moves and dreaming about going on his own mission. I love him, and am currently wondering where all of the other people like him are in the world, and how we can teach them.

We have also been continuing to work with Anna, and will meeting with her tonight, and will try to set a date with her. Needless to say we are excited for the work, and pray that everything will continue to roll along. I am sure with the faith and enthusiasm of my new companion and the Lord that everything will work out okay. Thanks for all of the support, and prayers. I really do appreciate them. Love you all.

Elder Blake


No comments:

Post a Comment