Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sept. 6, 2011

Dear Family,
I am glad to hear that everyone is having a wonderful time. Also Happy Birthday Deborah. It sounds like you and your girls are just having a wonderful time in Indiana. We actually contacted a lady here who was moving to Indiana, we helped even helped her move a couple of things. Well the big news this week, is that my good companion Elder Hopkins is being transferred. Transfer meeting is later today, so I am not sure where he will be going or who will be coming here. It has been a great ride though, my only worry is that i peaked too early on my mission and it is going to be all downhill from here. We ended it off with an absolutely amazing sacrament meeting last weekend though. First of all we got Andres and his girlfriend Rosa to come, and then one of our members brought his good friend to church with him as well. It has been amazing to see how enthusiastic our ward has gotten about missionary work, just in the past couple of months. I am praying and hoping that we won't lose any momentum with transfers at all. The other big news is that we gave Phil's daughter a ctr ring, and both she and her parents absolutely loved it. They thought it was one of the most thoughtful things anyone has done.
That is really all the news with the investigators. Hopefully this next week will be better and the new blood will equal new enthusiasm. Oh the other news from here in California, is that is actually rained yesterday. It was the first time I've seen rain in a long time, or heard thunder. It was actually kind of refreshing. 300 days of sunshine can get sort of redundant.
Thank you for all of the blog posts. It is good to know that I haven't been completely forgotten here in the wilds of orange county. And, I'm pretty sure the one about Coach Johnson was simply a lie. It really is great to know that I have a big loving family waiting and praying for me all over the world. I'm really happy that everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good work. And it is good to know that J-Dawgs still exists.
The Gospel is true, and it is eternal. I absolutely love being a missionary, and can not wait to put my new companion to work. Thanks for all of the support and prayers. Thank you and love you all.
Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment