Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sept. 27, 2011

Dear Family,
Thanks for the letter, and the correction about George Washington and Barbados, you will have to excuse me. It is amazing how rusty you get in only four months. I suppose I can send some pictures home, I'll find a way.
I'm afraid the answer to moms question about the car is less exciting than people may be anticipating. Basically what happened was, there were sisters in our district before this last transfer, and sisters in this mission get spoiled with a full time car no matter where they are. Well the sisters got transferred out and elders got transferred in. The sisters simply packed up the car with their six suitcases each, I'm sure, and took off with their car. When the elders came in to the area they not only found the apartment surprisingly clean and richly decorated but found that there was indeed no car left in the garage. So to help them out we now share our car with them for the weekends. Well, there you go.
In this weeks segment of more odd connections between me and Orange County. It turns out that Phil and pretty much everyone on Phil's street went to Dana Hills High, the same exact high school that all of the Spragues went. Turns out all of them know the whole lot of the Sprague boys. I wasn't expecting to feel like grandma this soon, that is for sure.
Well this week has been an adventurous one in terms of missionary work. This week while out tracting, I got bit by a dog, chased by a swarm of bees, saw a cat that must have been possessed by some sort of devil, and met a guy that greeted us at his driveway with a shotgun. It has been a packed week in terms of journal writing that is for sure. Do not worry though, through all of these adventures and more I have managed to survive.
Phil is doing great, and should be moved into his home in a couple of weeks. Which means he will finally come to church. We continue to meet with Andres, and praying that the necessary hurdles can be cleared. We are most excited this week though for a lady named Teresa. She is a ballet teacher who is teaching a couple of member kids. She has been coming to church, in a different ward, for six weeks now and attended the Relief Society broadcast. We are finally going to get to teach her this week. Hopefully she will accept the glad message of the restored gospel, or at least like us enough to teach us free ballet lessons. Either one a win in my book.
This week I have been thinking a lot about the scripture "choose ye this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord." I have been thinking about the importance of choosing this day, and not procrastinating the time when we choose to serve the Lord and mark our loyalty with him. In a world that is becoming ever more lost, how important is it to choose today, and everyday to serve the Lord. We simply can not afford to wait any longer to choose a side. Or else we will soon realize how lost we have become. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is True. I know that it is the way to lift ourselves out of the filth of the world and onto a higher and more joyous plane. I love all of you, and hope that you are doing well. Thanks for all of the prayers.

Love Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment